2.26.2011

Project 64: Lavender

This week's color was a tough one for me.  With a little boy and a strapping man in the house, and me being somewhat of a tomboy myself, there isn't much in the way of lavender anywhere in my humble abode.  And with JBF taking up two full days of my life this week, plus that icky 24 hour pukefest of a tummy bug that visited Pooky Bear the other night, I haven't been out much.  On the way home from church the other day, however, I spied with my little eye a gigantic lavender muse.  A pale purple rhino.  Who would of thunk it?

Here's my favorite for P64:
Really not sure what my affinity towards pachyderms lately is all about, but hey, let's just go with it.
This is apparently intended as play equipment...it is in the fenced-in playground at a local daycare.
Personally, I'm a little intimidated by the impalement possibilities, but that's just me.
When asked what he thought about his concrete counterpart's purple paint job, the big fella at
the zoo just snorted and rolled his eyes.  Me, too, buddy.

14 comments:

  1. One of the pet stores used to have a very purple hippo in front, but they closed and the hippo apparently went somewhere else to live. I'm with you fretting about the possibility of impaling. But I bet kids love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lavender rhino. I went to daycare there when I was little. I think I remember not being allowed to play on the animals. But, that was 25 years ago so we probably were allowed to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny....love what his live friend had to "not" say.
    What an interesting toy for sure. Good capture of lavendar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha what an awesomely random lavender find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all! I just wish the day had been sunnier, or that I had taken more time to play with the aperture to blur out the background. It was 38 degrees, though, and I was freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty cleaver. Only in Skiatook. Thank you for joining us at P64.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is hysterical! I never would have imagined that someone would post a rhino for this color. (I, too, would worry about my children climbing on this fellow...looks like it could be quite dangerous.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that it is such a unique place to find the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many times have you passed it on your way from church and just never thought about it until you had to look for the color?
    I think he is a fun find!!

    Carletta@Round The Bend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes you wonder why on earth someone would have painted a rhino pink, doesn't it? But thankfully, they did! You made me giggle. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, the tone of your post is fun too! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great take on Lavendar. So original and different and possibly the last thing I would have thought of when I think of lavendar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did climb on that thing as a child! Never worried about being impaled, either! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.