3.21.2011

Kids and Animals

I believe it was W.C. Fields who said, "never work with children or animals," but I have found both to be the easiest subjects in my photography.  Call me crazy, but nothing is more satisfactory than catching a smile from the shyest of toddlers or capturing the uncanny wisdom of a good old dog.  Don't get me wrong, I love to photograph flowers and other still life, but I like the added challenge of a moving target.

Today the boy and I went to a friend's house for a leisurely playdate.  Because no day would be complete if I didn't snap 80-something pictures....and because I was conveniently surrounded by tiny people and animals....I gave my shutter a workout. 

It was SO WINDY, and sweet little Kaelyn held onto Momma so she wouldn't blow away.
 The twins in a very The Shining moment.  Lauren can stare you down.
Precious babies.
 This one is for Kim.  I made our entire playgroup schlep across a pasture just to photograph the hay in this former donkey stable.  It was so sunny, this is really the only shot I got that I was happy with.
 Don't panic...it's dead.  You should know that Wyatt screamed like a ninny and literally climbed me like a tree when he first saw this, but once I showed him it was dead and harmless, he demanded to hold it.  He hasn't put it down since...it's been 4 hours.
 A pretty white horse.... 
...who's been visited by the same braid-fairy as Piper's horse.
 The ever-present Diesel.  He is the epitomy of a good dog.
 Sean, having a blast on the swingset.
 I think this may be my favorite photo of the day.  Lauren, up front, is out of focus a bit, and you can see Kaelyn in the background...both of them smiling so big.  Great kids.
 In sync.  Not to be confused with N'Sync.

4 comments:

  1. Love this! We're so glad you guys came over! Thanks for the great pictures!

    Oh, and I totally like how it looks like I live on a farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, in the best David Spade voice I can muster...."you kiiiiinda do."

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read your post title, immediately I thought of that quote, had forgotten who'd said it! Thanks for the reminder. You just can't beat the combination of kids and animals. I had both in my 1st grade classroom. :) Miss them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candid shots!
    That horse is straight out of a fairy tale. :)
    Just a wonderful set of images.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.