3.27.2011

Project 64: Tickle Me Pink

Tickle Me Pink.  Are you kidding me?  Whoever named this color should win a prize for being absolutely adorable.  Anyhoo.

I typically complain that pink and purple are the hardest for me to find because of the fact that I'm outnumbered by fellas in my house, and I'm a bit of a tomboy.  I had no trouble this time, though, thanks to our love of books.  I was happy to find a specimen of Tickle Me Pink from both my and the boy's libraries.

One of Wyatt's favorite books is simply titled Ted.  It's about a boy and his imaginary friend of that name and all of the hijinks that ensue when they put their minds together.  The illustrations are beautifully done, and in all honesty, are the initial reason I bought the book.  Thankfully, the story is hilarious, too, which has made it a frequent choice at bedtime.
Here's my punkin' reciting  his favorite lines by heart, word-for-word.


None of my books are so exciting as Ted and all of his antics, but a few have greatly impacted my life nonetheless.  This pretty pink bible study workbook, for example, gave me a new perspective on beauty.  It's called Beauty by the Book by Laurie Cole, and teaches its readers what the bible has to say about beauty.  In case you're wondering, God looks at our hearts first and foremost.  But He also happily claims responsibility for our outward beauty...He created it afterall!

Which to choose as my official entry?  Both the bright-eyed Ted and my study workbook are the exact shade of Tickle Me Pink when compared to the crayon scribbled on paper.  Pink was the natural choice for the bible study book about beauty; the imagination need not stretch too far for that one.  Ted, on the other hand, gets his unique "pinkish-purply" by eating lots of raspberries.  How can I not go with Ted?

12 comments:

  1. Interesting juxtaposition of your book about beauty. :) But I think, hands down, Ted is THE one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrappy, a couple of months ago, I got the itch to completely reorganize all of my bookshelves. I find new knick-knacks and books at garage sales every year, and the shelves were no longer very pretty to look at because I had just been randomly sticking things on them.
    When I redid them, I organized them soley by color instead of by subject matter as they had been. It looks so much better, but now it's an eclectic mix on each shelf of politics, fiction, autobiographies, etc. I, too, thought it was funny that my workbook was directly under Bias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find. Ted sounds like quite the character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo of your son reading ted. Very cute and a wonderfully different viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super composition!
    I don't know Ted but it looks wonderfully illustrated.
    Sounds like Ted tickles Wyatt pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Ted! I love this photo of Wyatt. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing little kids with books...awesome perspective on that one for sure.
    I think Ted is a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ted is a great choice, but I really like the way you clearly focused on the word *beauty* in your workbook. And I completely agree with your assessment of beauty, inside and out! Mine is at: http://www.peripheralperceptions.org/2011/03/26/project64-tickle-me-pink/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lover your TMpink finds! I love books with great illustrations and often buy a book because of them...if I were to start collecting something it would be childrens books with beautiful illustrated pages! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use to by my children's books because of the illustrations too...Those are also the ones I've kept...along with my kids favorites...Love your post!!!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goddess...I just spelled buy wrong...why don't I see those things before I hit post??? :)
    Did I mention my oldest is Dyslexic?? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree ya know! :)
    God Bless!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.