4.04.2011

Let's Go Outside

I wonder if I'm the only one who hears George Michael in my head right now after reading this entry's title...hmmmm.  Anyhoo.

I sure hope none of you are getting tired of looking at Pooky Bear....I can't stop taking pictures of him!

This one CRACKS ME UP!  It was almost 80 degrees, super sunny, and we had sustained winds upward of 40mph yesterday.  This is his, "holy cow, it's bright and windy!" face.
p.s. for any of you who think Wyatt only has one shirt, please note that I let him pick his clothes, and he really likes this one...it's the first one that gets picked out of the fresh laundry. 

He could not get over the cuteness of these tiny little buds.  I had a whole wad, er, I mean bouquet of them in no time.

Tulips are purdy.  I love how it looks like they are looking right at me, posing for their picture...one of the only pluses of 40mph winds.

After two days in the lower 40's, yesterdays extremely humid 78 degrees called for a popsicle...or three.

One of my favorite plants, a hosta, is finally getting brave enough to peek out from under the lava rock.  Come on, little buddy, I'm waiting for you!

Anyone else have a million of these littering your yard?  Wyatt keeps eating the purple flowers...where the heck do kids get the idea to EAT WEEDS? Since I can't beat'em, I decided to find the beauty in them.  This is for sure one of my favorite photos as of late (that don't include the boy, of course).

We found all of these within a 5 foot radius of each other.  In about 5 minutes.  Apparently, we've got a crawdaddy problem.  And lest you think that these are from deceased crawfish, you should know that these are all molts...which means we've got a healthy, growing population.

This last one makes me want to have a caption contest.  See if you can beat mine:
"It's a spider-eat-spider world out there."

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so I love the popsicle shot and the buds in the hands. So cute!! THe spider picture gives me the heebie geebies cuz I am a total wus and have a full blown phobia of spiders. lol. I think of the latin phrase veni vici "I came I saw, I conquered!" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not a real spider fan either. I have gotten over most of my heebie geebies over the past couple of years...Wyatt picks up EVERY bug or creature he sees. I grew up out in the country, and I have a pretty thorough knowledge of the few critters that are to be avoided at all costs, so that helps, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just too cute! I love the popsicle shot!! Looks like he is having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eighty degrees, tulips, and hostas - oh, my so envious!
    Nice finds in only a five foot radius.
    I love the popsicle shot!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.