6.05.2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

This week has been HOT.  Somehow, we went from upper 60's and lower 70's to nearly 100 degrees.  Every day.  Plus ridiculous humidity.  It's okay, though, because I love summer and don't mind getting all sweaty and grimy.  I'd much rather be outside sweatin' it up than inside losing my mind.  Here are my captures for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.

1.  HOT HOT HOT
Since it's heating up outside, I think I may start making myself an iced coffee every morning.  But for this particular shot, my cup o' jo was piping hot.  

2.  Finding Form 
If I'm totally honest, I'm not sure what this prompt means, but I figured that this flamingo's long neck curving around while he tried to find a resting place for his sleepy heat fit the bill.  I cannot get over how gorgeous these birds are!   

3.  Front Page of the News
The splash pad at our city park finally opened this weekend!  May not be newsworthy to anyone else, but as for me and the Pooh, our lives have just improved tenfold.

4.  Chore 
I love to clean.  It's an obsession.  I love finding new cleaning products that are better than anything else at doing what they do.  I love paying attention to detail and taking extra time to do a great job.  This is my caddy.  He goes where I go and cheers me along.

5.  Beads 
Wow.  I fretted for days about this prompt.  Where on earth was I going to find a handful of beads to photograph?  I grabbed a colorful handful from my stash and threw them into my favorite little cobalt glass pitcher.  I love the way this one turned out when I blasted the contrast all the way to the right!  I'm entering this photo as my Favorite Photo of the Week over at Through a Photographer's Eyes.








7 comments:

  1. oooh, I love that bead shot - love the contrast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - it appears that a lot of us are experiencing this extreme heat and humidity. I love your finding form and last shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all of these, but your beads really pop! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like what you did with beads.. love the colors. Finding form is also great. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I totally agree about being outside instead of inside!! And I so wish it was hot since it so yucky outside in CA. Your finding form and bead shot are awesome!! Have a good week! Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Great photos. Love your finding form and beads photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beads and that fabulous pink flamingo! visiting (late) from SHS.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.