7.15.2011

Momma in Focus & P64

On his 3rd birthday, I took Wyatt bowling for the first time ever.  At the time, he had one of those plastic bowling sets that he loved, and I thought he'd love the real thing.  Well, that's what I get for thinking...he hated it.  He rolled the ball down the lane once, then refused to cooperate for the remaining 9 frames. 

Fast forward a year and a half later:  yesterday my MOPS group took the kids to the same bowling alley, only this time, the story had a happy ending!  Wyatt had a great time, and subsuquently, so did I!

Here we are, right before knocking down some pins!  The Momma in Focus theme for the week was orange...the kid balls were all orange.  You can call it coincidence, I'll call it providence.
(yes, a skirt is a totally reasonable wardrobe choice for bowling...does anyone notice that I wear a lot of skirts?)


Is there anything funnier?  I don't know why, but this makes me laugh every time I see it!
Granny Bowl!

He was actually a lot better than I thought he'd be.  I think his total score was a 62.  Kind of impressive for his first time (I know he had bumpers, but still).

My kid is silly.  He was playing around in that little fan at the end of the ball return.  Come to think of it, we've had two weeks of over 100 degree temperatures with no relief in sight...maybe he's not so silly.

And this one will be my entry for Project 64 this week.  The color was Macaroni and Cheese.  I actually found about a million things in the exact color all week, but I just have not had much creative energy to take fun pictures.  I saw this macaroni orange ball and it was a now-or-never kind of moment.



One Day At A Time




project64 button

8 comments:

  1. You look so cute to be bowling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss bowling, I love this sport. What a great find of the bowling ball that matches the weekly assignment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great shots! Maybe his first time he was having an off day, glad he likes it now though! :) Great color bowling ball too and the granny shot made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls hated bowling the first time I took them...it was way to loud and noisy for them.
    I have not taken them back yet. Guess, maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great idea for Project 64 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the mac n cheese tee shirt - and the face in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad he enjoyed bowling this time!! I love his cute little scrunched nose by the air vent!! And our polka dot skirt is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect pictures for the mac-in-cheese challenge. You really captured some great bowling shots.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.