7.09.2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

This week is one of those that I wish would never end.  It's been filled with rest and relaxation.  No set schedule, no concrete plans...just lots of family time and tons of fun.  Plus, I'm figuring out a few new things on my camera.  All of these (including the archived one) are SOOC!  I'm pretty pumped about that!


1.  Things That Look Like a Letter of the Alphabet
The handle of this glass vase in my kitchen window makes a "B."  I have a major weakness for colored glass bottles and vases.  When we moved into this house four years ago, I sold about 200 of them in my moving sale.  I'm slowly starting to accumulate them again, and I'm running out of window sills...what to do?

2.  Weather
Does anyone remember this?  This was 5 months ago!  Oklahoma was pummeled by a record blizzard at the beginning of February.  Wyatt is playing in TWO FEET of snow in this photo...that all fell within 24 hours.  It was well over 100 degrees today.  Insanity.

3.  Bling
This was the first year that fireworks in general didn't terrify Pooky Bear.  In fact, the kid wanted to play with sparklers and the snappers!  Such fun!  I know that the word "bling" typically refers to jewelry, but seriously, look at that sparkle! 

4.  Tangled
Admittedly, this tangled swath of twigs doesn't look like much at first glance, but it is pretty special.  The other day, while sitting beneath a dogwood tree at the edge of the pond while Wyatt chucked rocks into the water, I noticed a bird continually landing near this pile of sticks, each time with a giant, juicy bug in her beak.  She'd hop down in the water lilies, just below my line of sight, before rocketing off again in search of another insect.  This went on for about an hour.  Today, while making our daily journey around the pond, I decided to see if my hunch was right:  there must be a baby bird in that mess.
Sure enough.  Man, I'm good.

5.  Dark
I've been experimenting in full manual mode this week with my camera.  I have always shot in Av or Tv, but I've been frustrated with M because I always over- or under-expose every shot, especially in low-light situations.  Well, I did some homework, and I figured it out.  Thank goodness for the internet.  I know this isn't a perfect shot, and there's significant blur in the background, but this photo represents a lot to me:  I'm learning!  These are Jason and Wyatt's favorite fireworks:  Saturn Missiles. 


5 comments:

  1. oh wow. I loved each and ever photo. truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we were on the same page for bling...and I love your last shot. I also really like your weather shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the letter shot. Wow, you had a lot of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. I love that weather shot and your dark shot.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.