8.20.2011

An Adventurous New Pace

From time to time, something comes along in life that completely changes things; gives you a new focus.  As for most people, that something for me is my child.  Since becoming a mother, I've become acutely aware of God's presence in my life.  I've grown a deeper love and appreciation for my husband.  I've learned to cherish the friends I have and the encouragement and support they offer. 

This whole Mommy thing has been a whirlwind for me.  I am the type of person who can't sit still (and I wonder where Wyatt gets that attribute!), so I've crammed activities into every nook and cranny of our schedules from the beginning.  And it's taken a major toll.  I've struggled with depression on and off over the last couple of years, and God has really been carrying me.  This year has been different.  This year, I can breathe; I can relax.  The major difference:  I'm learning to say, "no." 


So, while most people would not consider a blank calendar an adventure, it surely will be for me.  I've stepped back out of many of the things that have filled those squares, and I've made plans to do, well, nothing for about a year.  Wyatt will be in kindergarten next fall, so I'm going to just soak him up this year.  I'm looking forward to it.


Also, I'm diving headfirst into photography.  I know what you're thinking:  "but, Cindy, that's something, and it will take up so much of your time."  But let me reassure you of this:  I have never felt more at peace than when I'm behind that lens.  Hokey as it may sound, I feel like God is letting me see how he sees when I look through the viewfinder and freeze in time the minute details of a child's face, the petals of a flower that will be gone tomorrow, or the unexpected beauty in my everyday surroundings.  Plus, my photography is on my time.  If I have time, I commit to a shoot or take a walk.  If I don't have the time or energy, I can leave the camera on the shelf. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that your talent with photography is truly a gift. And I am so grateful that you share it with us, so that we too can get glimpses of how God sees things. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.