8.07.2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Every single day this week has been wonderful.  Busy, but super fun!  I got to really know a couple of girls from my MOPS group this week that I can already tell are going to be great friends!  Bonus:  Wyatt and their children adore each other!

I also made a decision this week that I'm equally excited and nervous about:  I'm going to really do this photography thing.  I've been doing small shoots for friends for the last several months...either as a gift, or because they asked.  My confidence has really grown, but I still have so much to learn!  I am developing my own style, in both the composition and editing worlds, and I have never had so much fun.  I guess it was just meant to be! 

Here's my week...I used an archived pic, but really, we're all friends here, right?  It happens.

1.  Seeing Double/Two
Oh, if only.  Do you realize how much I could accomplish if there were two of me? 
P.S. please ignore the grass...this is my baby bermuda (go ahead, sing that to the tune of Baby Beluga...I do).  I've been watering it every day for two months and it is not established enough to mow...soon, though.

2.  Whatever
Faces like this are exactly why I prefer candid photography of Wyatt.  Ask him to smile, and this is what you get!  Whatever...he's still cute.

3.  Sweet

Due to the boys insistence that we buy a "pine cone," we ended up with one of the sweetest, juiciest pineapples I've ever had.  SO good!

4.  Space

Here's the archived picture from our vacation of a few weeks ago.  I don't know why, but this is so Twilight Zone-looking to me.  I watch too much tv, apparently.

5.  Bright

For our final hoorah before school starts and all of the pools close, we headed to the Frontier Pool in Bartlesville, OK.  This is their city pool, people.  It is perfectly designed for small children, and super cheap to get into.  So sad we didn't go more than twice all summer! 




9 comments:

  1. I am in a similar position as you, and just decided to dive into photography more seriously myself. This is my second week doing the "Scavenger Hunt" and its been soooo fun! Gorgeous collection of photos. The pineapple is my favorite due to the texture and perspective...beautiful!

    Kathy

    www.youllshootyoureyeout-kathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your seeing double picture. :) It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on expanding to portrait photography! What fun! Love your seeing double, and what a neat idea for a city pool! (Oh and great angle on that “pine cone”.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your big decision- I can see why! You take beautiful photos. I just love the whatever of your son and the bright shots- so colorful and they scream summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your first interpretation...and congrats on going full steam ahead with photography. I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Pineapple shot, my favorite fruit

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME shots - I thought about cloning myself too but then didn't get to it. You did a great job interpreting the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great shots! I really love the first 2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Juicy, delicious pineapple ~ what a great interpretation of sweet, love your seeing double shot too! And the bright shot is cool. Great interpretations!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.