9.01.2011

Project 64: Melon

Many of my photos are going to be themed this week...the Mister and I took our Huggie Bear to the Oklahoma Aquarium yesterday!  We usually make it out there once a year, so it wasn't Wyatt's first trip, but in years past, his main obsession in life has been cars or bugs.  Currently, the boy is ate up with all things ocean, so needless to say, he rather enjoyed himself....which means we rather enjoyed ourselves, too.  Nothing like watching your kid's face light up!

I not only had a great time looking at all of the aquatic life, but used the dim, mostly backlit setting to learn a few new things about my camera.  I had it in full manual the whole time, and I'm pretty pumped about some of the photos I walked away with!  That said, I was kind of not impressed with a bunch of the others, but hey, I lowered my expectations going in.  Indoor photography is a major challenge of mine, but I am determined to master it!

 
I loved all of the wispy anemones.  This one was a perfect melony color!

 
project64 button

7 comments:

  1. That is a really cool shot - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Now I'm thinking I need to go to the aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the challenge of indoor photography, certainly a goal of mine as well. It looks like you did a great job! Love the color and composition on this photo. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot of the anemone! And congratulations on your manual shooting indoors. I am also working using manual indoors, but usually just walk away with bad photos and being frustrated!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. indoors photography is a challenge even with auto! gorgeous shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it turned out beautiful! And a perfect shade of melon. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.