10.15.2011

Project 64: Burnt Orange (A day at the zoo)

Does anyone else take too many pictures?  I mean, so so so many?  That you have no clue what you're going to do with, but you just love them?  Phew!  Thought I was alone.

This week's color was a breeze.  I went to the zoo with the boy and hubbs, and while I was randomly pointing my lens at all kinds of odds and ends, I managed to accidentally capture the color, Burnt Orange, before I even knew it was the color of the week!  I got home that day and was pleasantly surprised!
This will be my link up for the week.  It is nearly SOOC...I adjusted the levels ever so slightly.  I really like it just the way it is.

This neighboring flower was apparently the talk of the hive.

One of the cubs, almost all grown up.  I love how regal these beasts look!

You have to kind of squint to notice the Malayan Tiger sleeping up on his platform in the background.  These cute little birdies caught my eye...they seemed like the best of friends.

The latest edition of one of my photography magazines featured black and white edits of safari animals.  I cannot even describe how much more powerful images of these animals are without color.  This is my pitiful attempt at recreating that effect...I loved the curve of the giraffe's neck.

Okay, I'm a bird person, so of course I love this, but come on, this is beautiful, right?  Golly, may be one of my favorite all-time animal pics!

Does anyone else think that kangaroos look like a conglomeration of animals that got into that machine from The Fly?  Like a horse, rabbit, deer, gopher, and a whole bunch of leftover stuff?


project64 button

7 comments:

  1. I am with you, I take WAY more pictures than I know what to do with. I wouldn't have it any other way though :o). The first photo of the flower is STUNNING! The depth of field and color are ridiculously gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, it's hard to pick a favorite! Of course the burnt orange flower is love but I think I'm with you, I really adore the flamingo shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures in this post. Love the first flower shot, yes it is indeed a beauty just the way it is. I also like the second one with the bees on top. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always take too many pictures! :) These are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! I was struck by the lighting on the first photo. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooo, I love taking pics at the zoo. These are fantastic. The first flower is stunning. And yes, I take waaayyyy too many pictures too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun trip to the zoo! Your burnt orange capture is gorgeous. The simplicity of your composition is beautiful and the lighting on the flower is very warm and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.