10.26.2011

Three Mango Seeds Link Up Party

Please tell me I'm not the only person who's accidentally left laundry in the washing machine after it's been washed...you know, just like a day or something...?  Then you're left with big, fluffy towels that smell like putrid death...?  Yeah, I have done this to my towels more than I'd like to admit.

I've tried everything to remedy the situation, including throwing out the towels and buying all new ones...only to immediately do the exact same thing to them.  Sigh.  No amount of Bounce fabric softener sheets can stand up to that mildew smell.  Even if they smell good dry, once you're drying yourself off, the moisture rekindles the ick factor.

Finally one day, while surfing the world wide web, I found the answer:  white vinegar.
I know it sounds counterintuitive, but it really works!
Just put about a cup to a cup and a half of pure white vinegar into the rinse cycle, and voila! your towels will return to smelling like fresh, clean towels!  Don't fret if you're like me and don't have the attention span to notice what cycle your machine is on.  I usually let the washer go through all of the cycles, and once it's stopped, I add the vinegar and reset it to "rinse."

I know this is yet another non-DIY post for this link-up...I promise to get more in line with 3MS's theme soon!  In the meantime, I hope you're enjoying my randomness!


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your randomness! Good tip by the way! :) I wrote a post scheduled for Thursday that has some of our household "tips!" :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use white vinegar in every load as a natural fabric softener. And it helps to get that funk smell out too!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip Cindy! I've been running them through the sanitize cycle, but I'll try this next time!
    ~Piper

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.