11.01.2011

3MS Link Up Party: DIY Simple Earrings

Today I thought I'd share a very simple, yet totally elegant earring design that anyone can make!  No fancy wire-wrapping skills or complicated tools necessary! 


Here's what you'll need, plus at least one pair of needle nose or chain nose pliers (I like using a pair in each hand for better grip, but you can totally pull this off with one pair):
OH, and you'll need two of each item below, unless you only have one ear.

Using your pliers, open your jump ring slightly.  The end result should look like this:

It is pretty important NOT to pull the ends outwards...it distorts the round shape of the jump ring!  It makes getting those ends pinched back together nearly impossible, too!

Once your ring is open, place your earwire onto the ring...like so.

Next, thread your bead onto the jump ring.  Use caution not to break your bead...the ring will likely not completely thread through the hole.  You may only be able to get it about half-way through due to the curvature of the ring.  This is fine.
This is the step that I like having a second pair of pliers for: 
Gently bend the ring back to its original shape, placing the free end into the open hole of the bead.  Wiggle the bead so that the open joint of the ring is inside of the hole, centered if possible.  Gently squeeze the ring from both sides to close it as much as possible.

Voila!  You've got some sweet little classy earrings! 
And I've got some cuticles to oil.  ;P


Three Mango Seeds

2 comments:

  1. cool! Hey I wanted you to know that I passed along the Versatile Blogger Award to you on my blog! I love ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clydia, I love you so much. Thank you for such an honorable plug!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.