12.13.2011

I Actually Made Something I Saw on Pinterest!!

If you're like me, you could surf pinterest all day.  All. Day.  I see adorable crafts all of the time that I think to myself, "Self, that would be a fun craft to do with Wyatt...you should do that."  The thing is, while I am absolutely in love with crafting of all sorts, crafting with an almost five-year-old is kind of stressful for me for a number of reasons.  Mostly because the finished product never ends up looking like it's supposed to, but also because my little outside-of-the-box-thinker always wants to reinvent the wheel and do a totally unrelated craft with the materials I bought.

Well, when I saw this on pinterest...
Pinned Image
...I decided to throw caution to the wind and get out my ginormous box of buttons.  Here's a link to the original artist's blog post for the above photographed ornament.  Gotta give credit where credit is due!

Anyhoo, the boy and I sat down with our cache of buttons and started digging through them in search of specific colors in various sizes.  We even found star beads amongst the buttons!  After we made a couple of trees, I wondered if there were any other little figures we could do...and wouldn't ya know, Frosty and Santa joined the fun! 
Here are our mini button ornaments!

And now I can say that I actually made something that I saw on pinterest!  See, it's not all wasted time! 

1 comment:

  1. These ornaments are adorable. Thanks for sharing . Your photos are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.