12.12.2011

My Macaroons

I love to bake, but I love eating what I've baked even more!  Macaroons are pretty much my favorite cookie, and these never survive very long at my house.  Bonus:  Jason and Wyatt don't really care for them, so I get the whole batch to myself!

They're simple to make.  Here's what you'll need:
2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cups shredded coconut

1.  Preheat oven to 325.  Lightly grease cookie sheet, or do what I do:  use parchment paper...who wants to wash a cookie sheet, really?
2.  In a bowl, beat egg whites on medium to high speed until they're pretty frothy.
3.  Add sugar, almond extract, flour, and salt.  Beat until thoroughly blended.
4.  Stir in coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips.
5.  Place heaping spoonfuls onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  These cookies don't spread out, so it really doesn't matter if they're closer.  You might want to gently persuade them into a mound shape...what you see pre-cooked is what you get.
6.  Cook for 12-14 minutes until they're set and starting to get golden.
7.  Let cool before storing in a covered container.  But honestly, you won't be storing these for long.



*NOTE* If you're like me, until you have to get egg whites separated from the yolks for a specific recipe, you may not know the best way to do it.  Basically, break the egg in half and dump the yolk back and forth between the shell halves, allowing the white to spill into your bowl.  Until you get the hang of it, you might want to use a separate little bowl, not the one with everything else in it.  ;P

2 comments:

  1. oh yum yum yum I so love those! The recipe doesn't sound too hard so I just might attempt these for our Christmas treat this year!! THANKS BUDDY:) Oh and you have a Christmas card on it's way to you now...::)xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macaroons have the same affinity in my household, which is why I rarely make them, I'm the only one who eats them. But I've never made this recipe... I shall be trying this one for the holidays!
    ~Piper

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.