12.31.2011

Resolutions

Every year, I completely skip over the whole New Year's Resolution thing...I mean, honestly, I'm pretty scatterbrained and making a commitment to start or stop something for the rest of eternity...yikes.  Not my thang.  But this year was tough, and I am really starting to feel my age for the first time.  And don't people my age have the self-control to say they're going to do/not do something and stick with it? 

I haven't given this much thought...kind of writing it right now on the fly...but if I were to keep some resolutions, I guess these would be the lucky few:

1. Finish reading my bible all of the way through.  This really shouldn't be hard...I'm about 75% through it now...but it takes some serious discipline on my part.  Where I continue to get hung up:  I do year-round bible studies, and aside from the few weeks between them all, I tend to dwell in the Word that I'm studying in depth rather than wander into the rest of the Book. 


2.  Enjoy the next 8 months with Pooh Bear before I hand him over to the school system.  This should be a no-brainer.  I already have lots of fun with Wyatt, but I am going to soak up every minute.  We're going to have so much fun that other people will talk.  And then, I'm going to try not to panic in August when he enters kindergarten.  He can't wait.  I'm going to need valium.  I'm guessing that this is where Resolution #1 will come in really handy.


3.  Stay true to myself in my photography business.  Something tells me this will either be really simple, or terribly challenging.  My passion for photography only seems to grow, and I cannot wait to see what this year holds for my fledgling business.  My goal is to continue to grow in knowledge and skill, but not to morph into something I'm not.  The pressure to conform to what is trendy is real, but I think being consistently my own is more important.  I will pose less, and capture more.


4.  Stop while I'm ahead.  I mean, really...I could go on about how I'd like to stop eating 2 lbs of peppermint bark in one sitting, how I should stop buying shoes that only get worn once, how I should offer more "back rubs" to the hubbs...but I don't want to set myself up for failure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.