1.01.2012

Another Pinterest-Project-Gone-Great

I've said it before:  I prefer giving handmade gifts over storebought ones.  Several of my friends are having babies in the next couple of months, and I needed an idea for a simple gift that would work for boys or girls.  It didn't take long on pinterest to run across a pattern for these adorable slip-on shoes made of felted wool. 

Here is the photo from The Purl Bee's crafting site:


Very simple, totally adorable, and easily a unisex gift.

Since the majority of the babies whom my friends are expecting shall be girls, I decided to up the sweet factor by embellishing my rendition of the slippers...plus, I used a heavier felt.
 I still have one step left:  to stitch a piece of elastic into the top of the foot where the two sides cross to give the shoes a snug fit.  I couldn't finish today because although I know for a fact I own about 10 yards of elastic, I cannot for the life of me find it.
No matter...you get the picture:  they're precious!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Cindy! Those are adorable...love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.