1.26.2012

Edit Me Challenge

This is my very first time to participate in the Edit Me Challenge!  When I saw the picture that was up for everyone to play with this week, I couldn't resist!  I had fun, so I may be linking up every week!
Here's the before shot:

And my After, which I'll be linking up:

Almost all of the actions I used were from the Yellow Sky Actions Photoshop bundle.  If you're in the market for some actions, I highly recommend them!  The PSE set of about 80 actions was only $50, and they include clean editing actions, color actions, black & white actions, and fun effects actions!

1.  First, I used Mr. Fix It's layer masks to brighten it up a tad, add some fill light to his clothes, add a touch of clarity, and sharpen up his sweet little face.  
2.  I ran Violet Rush and tweeked it a bit.  I really wanted a kind of lavender glow to the photo.
3.  I ran Tuesday Blues, which brightened it up a little, and added a vintagy, denimy haze.
4.  I used Pioneer Woman's Warmer to bring a little warmth back into his skin since he'd cooled off quite a bit with the lavender and blue.
5.  I used Razor Sharp to sharpen his face (I used a brush at 50% opacity and then I pulled the layer mask's opacity down, too...I wanted it sort of soft in the end)
6.  Cropped and added a black vinette at 25% percent.
7.  His cute little cheeks were kind of ruddy still, so I used the Complexion Brush to smooth them out.
8. After all of that editing, he got pretty noisy, so I ran a reduction filter.

I don't typically play so much with color tints, but I like the cool hue of this edit.  It kind of feels vintage to me.  He is precious, no matter what!


Edit Me

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this edit! It just looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done - the face is so clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooo, I like! It's such a warm, soft edit.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your edit. Very clear and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might be one of my favorite edits - it's nice and clean and really makes this sweet baby shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! First time and you've edited it beautifully! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to follow me, too!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.