Every night, before I go to bed, I do my final check on Wyatt to make sure he's not dangling from the bed, sleeping on the floor, in between the bed and the wall...all true stories...and this is exactly what I see. His darling little face, puffy little lips, cute button nose. And yes, he really sleeps with his hands tucked under his face like a little cherub. Almost makes me forget the insanity he puts me through during the daylight hours. Almost.
I know this is tutorial Tuesday, so I'm obligated to tell you how I got this image. That being said, please note that I had one shot. The click of the mirror woke him up. Oh well, I love it anyway.
1. I set up my camera on the tripod at bed level before I even entered the room and attached my camera.
2. I took a guess at the settings I'd need...I did okay, but I wish I'd been able to take a few more. I set the ISO to 1600 since it was literally pitch black in the room other than the Tyke Lite. I opened the aperture to 1.8 (I used my 50mm) and set the shutter to 1/30.
3. I set the timer to take the pic so I wouldn't blur the image with handshake.
4. I manually focused since the lens was not able to lock onto anything in the dark.
5. I pressed the shutter and waited the 5 seconds to wake up and infuriate my little angel.
6. In photoshop, all I did was brighten the image slightly and ran a noise reduction filter.